Monday, October 5, 2009

What? a post? Hell they're getting almost regular now....

So i think i might try and do these like once a day now...i will just put up whatever i feel is my favorite band of the day...they won't always be new...but they will be the one i'm obsessed with at the mo, so that means they must be good :).

Today, I have been listening non-stop to MeWithoutYou...it really is my favorite band of all time. I'm going to see them June 29th in Denver, CO. It's gonna be the best show of my life. The band really covers a lot of genres, and so saying that i've been listening to them today is a little too vague. I can't stop listening to [A-->B] Life, beginning to end, over and over and over and over. Playcount on iTunes right now is at 16...the albums been playing all day.

To get even more specific, my favorite song of the entire album right now is Gentlemen. Fav line's "I wander and i wander/your absence beating inside my chest/i try but i can't remember/the color of your eyes/just the shape of your dress." that's goddam lyrical genius, but 1:53 to 2:05 is the climax of the ENTIRE fucking album, and Weiss' voice embodies just about every emotion i've experienced today. "And you'd better be alone." goddamn son.. Oh and the guitars and the drums and the bass line and the rawness of his voice....i'm just blown away. So give it a listen...but make sure you have a whole day...and a hardcore set of 'phones.

Peach, says the hippie with braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment