Saturday, October 3, 2009

Scoff all you want, you elitist music snobs...i'm doing Malkmus' work here and you know it.

Hey everyone. It’s been a while, but I’ve been doing nothing but schoolwork and reading Hipster Runoff to maintain my cultural relevance. I’ve got two new album recomms for you all though; Memory Tapes’ Seek Magic and Do Make Say Think’s The Other Truths. Both are tiiiiight I tell you.

So. Seek Magic is basically a bouncier, less chill Junior Boys album, but the beats and the siiiick synth rhythms are still there. Its gonna be hard to get your palms on a copy of the album right now, (it took me some serious searching) since it hasn’t dropped, but the myspace has some older tracks that are a little more chill, but still will give you a good idea of Memory Tapes’ atmosphere. I def recomm buying the album when it comes out…and if you preorder now you get some limited blue vinyl when it finally drops…well worth the $$$.
Myspace/memorytapes


On to the main event: DMST-The Other Truths is THE best post-ironic rock I have heard all year. Seriously, the lyrical/musical genius present in this album blows my mind. If these guys had been around when the Beatles where, we would have had a Canadian Invasion instead of a British one. If there is one band I have to see live before I die, it would be a split between these guys and….uh well…these guys. Just buy the album when it comes out, alright? And take the weekend off from work…its that good.
Myspace/domakesay

No comments:

Post a Comment